Bed Wetting Causes, Symptoms, Prevention Tips, Home Remedies
Bed Wetting information for Bed Wetting Causes, Bed Wetting Symptoms and natural treatment to cure bed wetting with Bed Wetting Home Remedies. Find out more Tips to prevent Bed Wetting, bed wetting faqs and Bed Wetting Articles only on Home-Remedies.in.
This is the right place for complete information on Bed Wetting, which you can cure with the help of traditional home treatments by using natural home remedies.
Bed Wetting Causes
Bed wetting is usually caused by an immature bladder or the inability to wake up due to very deep sleep states. In both cases, this is typically something your child will grow out of in time as the bladder matures and the mind becomes more sensitive to the bodies’ cues to wake up.
Bed Wetting Symptoms
Most people (80%) who wet their beds, wet only at night. They tend to have no other symptoms other than wetting the bed at night.
Other symptoms could suggest psychological causes that are:
- Wetting during the day.
- Frequency, urgency, or burning on urination.
- Straining, dribbling, or other unusual symptoms with urination.
- Cloudy or pinkish urine, or blood stains on underpants or pajamas.
- Soiling, being unable to control bowel movements.
Tips for concerned parents
- Never punish or shame your child for wetting the bed. Be patient and kind, and show that you understand that it is not their fault. Show them that you are keen to help them with this problem. Added stress and anxiety will only compound the problem and may even increase the chances of a bedwetting episode.
- Give your child the encouragement and self-reliance they need to motivate themselves. This will increase your child’s willingness and determination to stay dry all night on their own terms.
- Implement good bedtime habits by limiting fluid intake at night, and ensuring that children empty their bladders before bedtime. If bedwetting occurs consistently at about the same time, wake your child just before this time for a trip to the bathroom.
- Talk to your child about any fears, worries, and feelings of anxiety. You may find that your child is feeling insecure or anxious about something that needs to be addressed. Reassure children that there is nothing wrong with getting up in the night to use the toilet and discuss ways of making this less intimidating. Consider leaving the corridor and bathroom light on, or leave a “bathroom buddy” soft toy waiting outside the bedroom door to accompany worried children to the bathroom.
- Plan ahead for nighttime accidents. Cover your child’s mattress with a plastic covering and make sure that spare linen and pajama’s are readily available. When bedwetting happens, get your child to take some of the responsibility by helping you change the sheets and put the wet items in the wash.
- Praise dry nights, concerted efforts and any help your child gives after the bedwetting. This will give your child a sense of control and pride in staying dry.
- If you have other children, make sure that they do not taunt and tease the bed-wetting sibling. This added “ammunition” can make your child very vulnerable to the emotional problems of poor self-esteem and shame that you are trying so hard to avoid. Make the whole family aware that it is not the bed-wetter’s fault.
- Pull-up disposable underpants are a short-term option and can be especially useful for hassle-free family holidays or if your child wants to go to sleepovers without the risk of wetting the bed. These can be used discretely, and may offer your child added self-esteem. It must be noted that while pull-ups may be convenient, they often do not solve the long-term problem!
Bed Wetting Home Remedies
- California raisin (Munakka) can be given in the night before going bed cures bed wetting problem.
- Giving a spoon of Honey Before sleeping helps in curing Bed Wetting problem.
- Taking 2 Walnuts (Akhrot) with few Raisins (Kishmish) everyday helps to cure Bed Wetting problem.
- Gooseberry (Amla) with sugar candy (Mishri) or Gooseberry Murabba given everyday helps in curing Bed Wetting problem.
- Black berry (Jamun) seeds powder given with hot water in curing Bed Wetting problem.
- Dry dates (Chuara) given in night with Milk also helps to overcome Bed Wetting problem.
Bed Wetting FAQs
Most frequently asked questions regarding Bed Wetting by online visitors are given for your quick reference purpose.
- What is Bed wetting?
- What Causes Bed wetting?
- Tips for Concerned Parents about Bed wetting
- What are Medications for Bed Wetting ?
- How to Stop Bedwetting ?
- What are symptoms of Bed wetting ?
- How to stop bed wetting for children
- How to cure bed wetting problem
Most common bed wetting questions and answers - All questions are answered by health experts.
Articles on Bed Wetting
Here are some useful researched Bed Wetting articles, which can give you some more beneficial information on Bed Wetting.
We update our home remedies for health daily. Please visit regularly to find a more home remedies tips for Bed Wetting. Feel free to contribute your own home remedy so that others may benefit from your experiences!