Bronchitis Causes, Symptoms, Prevention Tips, Home Remedies
Bronchitis information for Bronchitis Causes, Bronchitis Symptoms and natural treatment to cure bronchitis with Bronchitis Home Remedies. Find out more Tips to prevent Bronchitis, bronchitis faqs and Bronchitis Articles only on Home-Remedies.in.
This is the right place for complete information on Bronchitis, which you can cure with the help of traditional home treatments by using natural home remedies.
Bronchitis is generally caused by a virus such as those that cause the common cold and influenza. It is therefore common to develop bronchitis as a secondary infection which follows flu-like symptoms, or is accompanied by them.
There are, however, other causes of bronchitis including certain bacterial infections as well as environmental irritants such as cigarette smoke, pollution, dust, and chemical fumes. The avoidance of smoking can act as a natural cure for bronchitis, as prevention can be the greatest deterrent for illness.
Some people are also more at risk of developing bronchitis such as the elderly, people with a lowered immune system, those who are continuously exposed to lung irritants (such as smoke), and people working in certain occupational settings.
- Breathing problem
- Shortness of breathing
Tips to Treatment of Bronchitis
Natural cures for bronchitis include focusing some attention to maintaining personal health. What your body needs most when trying to fight off any infection is plenty of rest and water. You can also try an over-the-counter cough medicine that helps to loosen the cough. While this may make you cough more, it will help to clear the infection sooner. It is important not to suppress the cough, as this can cause further infection by drying out the mucous membranes. Thus, cough suppressants are generally only recommended at night to help to you get some rest if the cough is interfering with sleep. In addition, you can try using a humidifier to soothe the cough, and avoid lung irritants (such as cigarette smoke). If you are a smoker – it is essential that you stop smoking naturally.
Antibiotics are not usually prescribed for bronchitis as the most common causes are viral infections. However, if your doctor suspects a bacterial infection, or if you are at high risk for developing complications (such as those people with a lung disease or asthma) antibiotics may be recommended as a precautionary measure. Remember, that as antibiotics rob your system of ‘good’ bacteria – it is important to take probiotics, such as live culture yogurt, after a course of antibiotics.
Natural Herbal and Homeopathic Remedies
Herbal and homeopathic remedies have been used for centuries to treat a number of conditions, and so it is not surprising to find that natural cures or supplements to alleviate bronchitis symptoms have been supplied by nature. Herbs such as Althea Officinalis (Marshmallow), Hyssopus Officinalis (Hyssop), and Sambucus Nigra (Elder) have long been used for their soothing effect on inflamed and irritated mucous membranes, while promoting respiratory health and vitality.
There are also a few tissue salts known for their tonic effect on the overall respiratory system such as Bryonia (30C) and Kali. Mur. (6C.) While these ingredients help relieve troubling bronchitis symptoms, other remedies are especially helpful in assisting with speedy recovery and boosting the immune system to help your body fight off infection.
Herbs such as Echinacea purpurea, Astragalus membranaceous, Inula helenium and Withania somnifera are commonly used for their antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties, as well as their ability to support the immune system. These herbs work as a tonic for the immune system and are often recommended to prevent and assist recovery from illness or infection.
- Take Fresh air and do outdoor exercise for natural treatment of bronchitis.
- Avoid smoking tobacco, drinking alcohol and any other such products.
Bronchitis Home Remedies
- Take half table spoon fresh onion juice daily to get relief from Bronchitis.
- Mix one tea spoon of turmeric powder in one or two cup of milk and give to bronchitis patient. This will give relief.
- The tea prepared with small amount of ginger, cloves and black pepper powder and have to get relief.
- Drink fresh cabbage juice daily as it is proven as one of the best home remedy to treat Bronchitis.
- Warm castor oil planet leaves.Put them on a pan, heat them and make them cool. Spread on the chest for the night.
- It is advisable to drink a glass of milk added with ˝ teaspoon of dried turmeric powder. Twice or thrice on a day.
- Consume the mixture of 50 gm of fresh spinach leaves and 1/2 liter added with a bit of ammonium chloride and one teaspoon of honey to it.
- The good home remedy for initial stage of Bronchitis patient is to be on orange juice and water for at least couple of days.
- A teaspoonful of honey and ginger juice dissolved in 150 ml of hot water will cause expectoration of trapped phlegm.
- Prepare a mixture by adding 8 - 10 tablespoons of coconut milk with 1 tablespoon poppy seeds and 1 tablespoon of pure honey. Take this every night before going to bed.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds, with a teaspoon of linseed, a pinch of common salt, and a teaspoon of honey. Take above mixture at night for treating of chronic bronchitis.
- Make a powder of seven almond kernels and mix it in a cup of orange or lemon juice. Have this emulsion regularly before sleeping. It would act beneficial in curing bronchitis.
- Take some hot water, enough to convert one cup of linseed into a moist mealy mass. Wrap it in a thin cloth and apply this poultice on the front and back of the chest. Cover with a bandage.
Most frequently asked questions regarding Bronchitis by online visitors are given for your quick reference purpose.
Most common bronchitis questions and answers - All questions are answered by health experts.
Articles on Bronchitis
Here are some useful researched Bronchitis articles, which can give you some more beneficial information on Bronchitis.
We update our home remedies for health daily. Please visit regularly to find a more home remedies tips for Bronchitis. Feel free to contribute your own home remedy so that others may benefit from your experiences!