Cold Causes, Symptoms, Prevention Tips, Home Remedies
The common cold is the most frequent infectious disease in humans with the average adult contracting two to four infections a year and the average child contracting between 6 to 12.
Here is the Cold information for Cold Causes, Cold Symptoms and natural treatment to cure cold with Cold Home Remedies. Find out more Tips to prevent Cold, Common Cold FAQs and Cold Articles only on Home-Remedies.in.
- There are more than 200 viruses are there which can cause cold which makes to prevent cold difficult. The rhino virus is the one of the most frequently causing virus and one of the most infectious.
- The virus can easily spread from a person who is infected with it. It can easily spread through sneezing, coughing and sharing things which are handled by an infected person.
- Colds are not very serious and only in some situations if colds lead to secondary infections, like strep throat, bronchitis, croup and pneumonia, are the considerable.
- Watering eyes
- Body ache
- Runny nose
How Can I Prevent Colds in My Child?
If you have children and you are searching for how to prevent cold there are no proven idea or strategy to prevent it. Only a strong and health immune system will protect your child from all types illnesses, including colds.
Keep your child’s immunity in peak condition with the following tips:
- Eat lot of fresh fruit and vegetables and avoid the junk food items, chocolate and sweets. If your child avoids the healthy food like the plague, use a daily multivitamin supplement, Vitamin C and zinc contain foods.
- Avoid unnecessary use of antibiotics and steroid drugs.
- Eating healthy food and regular exercise also helpful to keep your child strong and protected from illness.
- If your child is overweight, encourage your child to maintain a healthy weight and it is good manner.
Cold Home Remedies
- Make a paste of Ginger, Clove and Salt. Eat half spoon of this paste twice a day for cure cold.
- Eat half teaspoon of smashed Thymol seeds or carom seeds to cures cold.
- Eating hot Gram flour halva will helps to controls the running nose immediately.
- Eating a small piece of Onion (pea size) will helps to get instant relief from cold.
- Sucking a piece of Clove (Laung) for reduce the cold.
- Sprinkle the Ragi mixed with Turmeric powder on the burning coal and the fumes inhaled cures
- nose blockage.
- Sprinkle the Turmeric powder on the burning coal and fumes inhaled (but after that don\'t drink water for 5 hours) reduce the headache, nose blockage, cold very fast.
- Boil Long pepper (pipple) in the Milk with Sugar candy (Mishri) and drink this milk for curing running nose.
- Eating an Apple every day before meals cures cold.
- Dry Ginger powder (Sonth) mixed with old Jaggery (Gur) taken twice a day and it is very useful remedy for cure running nose or cold.
- Milk boiled with Ginger, Black pepper (kali Mirch), Basil (Tulsi) leaves, Cloves (Laung), Red Sugar candy (Mishri) and drink this milk before going to bed. It is very useful for curing cold.
- Put few drops of fresh Neem leaves juice in the nostrils for cures cold easily.
- Taking Steam with Eucalyptus oil drops helps for reduce the nose blockage.
- Rub the whole body using Salt as taking bath which helps to cure the cold fast.
- Roast the Sesame seeds (Til) with Ghee and mixed with Jaggery will helps to control the nose running.
- Taking Black pepper powder, Ginger juice and Basil juice mixed with Honey thrice a day for cures the running nose or cold.
- Making Tea with few Mint (pudina) leaves and drinking cures running nose or cold.
- Figs (Anjeer) boiled in water and this hot water drink twice a day cures cold.
- Taking Garlic in any form and it will helps to curing running nose or cold.
- Betel leaf with a Clove can be taken daily once to cure running nose.
- Aniseed (Saunf), Cloves and Sugar boiled in water for 10 minutes and filtered. Drink this hot decoction for cure cold or running nose.
- Mix half spoon of Turmeric powder in hot water and drink this water for few days helps to overcome running nose or cold.
- Mix Lemon juice and Honey in hot water in the night which helps to reduce the running nose or cold.
- Smelling Asafoetida (Hing) is also very helpful to reduce cold or running nose.
- Tamarind (Imli) leaves boiled in water for few minutes and filtered them. Taking this water also cures cold or running nose.
- Applying Castor oil (Erand Ka teil) on the center of the head also helps to reduce the headache and curing running nose.
- Drink fresh coconut water also helps in curing running nose.
- Drink a spoon of Betel leaves (Pan) juice also very helpful to cure the running nose especially in children.
- Drinking a spoon of Carom Leaf (Ajwain) juice mixed with Honey will helps to cure cold.
- Eating Nut Meg (joy phal) with honey paste helps to cure cold.
- Adding few drops of Doctors brandy in hot milk and given to children and it is good remedy for curing cold.
- Mix a half tsp of Cinnamon (dalchini) powder with a tsp of Honey and taken to cure a cold. Prepare a cup of tea with Ginger or Black pepper and Drink it for 3 days for reducing the cold.
- Make soup from Tamarind pulp and take it to get better relief from cold.
Most frequently asked questions regarding Cold by online visitors are given for your quick reference purpose.
- What are Colds?
- What Causes a Cold?
- Tips for parents to prevent colds of their child
- What are Cold Sores?
- What Causes Cold Sores?
- Natura tips to prevent and treat cold sores
- What are symptoms of Cold ?
- How to prevent Cold ?
- How to Select a Cold Medication ?
- Foods to avoid during cold and cough
Most common cold questions and answers - All questions are answered by health experts.
Articles on Cold
Here are some useful researched Cold articles, which can give you some more beneficial information on Cold.
We update our home remedies for health daily. Please visit regularly to find a more home remedies tips for Cold. Feel free to contribute your own home remedy so that others may benefit from your experiences!