Home Remedies for Cough
Cough home remedies - Traditional home treatment to cure cough in children, infants, babies, during pregnancy, in adults, in vaious illness like fever, cold etc.
Looking for more information on cough - Jump to browse Cough Causes, Cough Symptoms, Tips to prevent Cough and frequently asked most common Cough Questions and Answers - All questions are answered by health experts.
Complete list of remedies that work for cough illness has been given in topic wise below.
Treatment of cough in children
We all know that Children's will have less resistance power, so they will be affected soon. Here are some tips for children to get relief from cough.
Boil the water till vapors appear, add turmeric powder into it. Make the cough affected child to inhale that steam. This will act as best Home remedies for cough.
Add 2 pinches of black pepper into a spoon of honey and give this twice a day, for the child suffering from savior cough for the best relief.
Massage gently (smooth manner) the through and chest of the child with a drop of eucalyptus oil gibes the best results.
Cough treatment during pregnancy
During pregnancy times women will face the problem of cough more frequently. But they won't prefer to use medicine, because the fetus may get effect. Here are the Home remedies for cough during pregnancy which doesn't have any side effects.
- Add a pinch of cloves powder into half spoon of honey and one spoon of basil leaves juice. Take this thrice a day. This is the best Home treatment for cough.
- Boil ginger paste with milk and dink it hot (if though to drink you van add sugar into it ). This will give quick relief from cough.
- Eat garlic along with plain hot steamed rice daily will surely give better results.
Cough Treatment with Honey
- Spoon of Basil juice and Garlic juice with Honey taken once in 2 hours will help to reduce the Cough.
- Cinnamon (Dalchini) with Black pepper boiled in water for some time and filtered. This water taken with Honey t decreases the Couch and reduces the phlegm (Balgum).
- Boil the Carom seeds (Ajwain) and Fenugreek seeds (Menthi) with water. Filtered and this decoction taken with honey or Sugar candy to treats the Cough.
- Gooseberry (Amla) powder taken with Honey also effective remedy to cures the Cough.
- Boil the Aniseed (Saunf) with Carom seeds (Ajwain) in water and filtered. This mixture mixed with Honey taken thrice a day for curing the Cough.
- Taking spoon of Honey mixed in four spoons of Onion juice regularly for cures Cough.
- Eat Malbar (Abdulasa, adusoge) leaf juice with Honey and Rock salt twice a day. It will help to cure Cough.
- Add a pinch of Turmeric (haldi) powder in tsp of Honey for curing dry cough.
Home Treatment for Cough
- Grind the paste of Ginger and this paste cooked with Jaggery (Gur) and tsp of Ghee can be made into small balls and it can be stored for few days. Sucking this ball will cure the Cough.
- Milk boiled with Ginger, Black pepper (kali mirch), Basil (Tulsi) leaves, Cloves (Laung) and Red Sugar candy (Mishri) or Jaggery. After drinking this milk take rest for some time and this can be frequent for few days for curing the cough.
- Make a powder of Long pepper (pipple), Black pepper, Almonds (Badam), Read Sugar candy (Mishri) and tea spoon of this mixture taken daily which helps to cure Cough.
- Basil (Tulsi) juice taken with Sugar candy (Mishri) will help to cure Cough.
- Sucking a piece of Sugar candy or Black pepper or Ginger or turmeric or Cinnamon gives better relief from Cough.
- Grind the 5 Black basil leaves and one betel leaf (pan) with 2 Cloves (Laung) and have it. It is also decrease the Cough.
- Apply Harad (haritaki) paste on the chest which helps to cure Cough.
- In hot water, add some salt and gargle in early morning helps to clear phlegm (Balgum) and reduces Cough.
- Bael pulp (without seeds) taken with Jaggery to cure the Cough.
- Boil the Turmeric powder and Black pepper in Milk. Filtered and this Milk taken twice a day for reducing the Cough.
- Sucking a small piece of raw Onion will helps to get rid of Cough.
- Eating an Apple regularly for a week and it will help to cure the Cough completely.
- Gooseberry grinded with Coriander (Dhaniya) leaves and taken every day helps to cure dry Cough.
- Eat Figs (Anjeer) also very helpful to treat the Cough problem.
- Boil Sesame seeds (Til) with Sugar candy (Mishri) in water for 10 minutes and filtered. This decoction taken thrice a day for reduces the Cough.
- Tea made with Ginger and Mint (pudina) will helps to get rid of Cough.
- Eating boiled Violet tender Brinjal (Baingan) regularly will helps to decrease the Cough problem.
- Grind the Carom leaves (Ajwain) Garlic to make a paste and taken to cure Cough.
- Equal quantities of Harad (Haritaki), Gooseberry, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Jyeshta madhu) powdered and have one spoon of this powder with one spoon of Sugar with Milk three times a day to get rid of Cough.
- Boil Glycyrriza glabra (Jyeshta madhu) powder inMilk and add some Sugar or Hony. Filtered and taken twice a day helps to reduce theCough.
- Make equal quantities of powder of Raisins (Kishmish), Black pepper and Licorice (Mulethi). Take a pinch of this powder thrice a day to get rid of Cough.
- Add a pinch of Salt with two pinches of Turmeric powder in glass of warm water and gurgle three to four times a day for curing the Cough.
- Chew a cardamom for a long time to relief from Cough.
We update our home remedies for health daily. Please visit regularly to find a more home remedies tips for . Feel free to contribute your own home remedy so that others may benefit from your experiences!