Herbal Remedies for Ulcerative Colitis
Ulcerative Colitis Herbal Remedies - Home treatment and Natural Cure for ulcerative colitis.
Discover what are the ulcerative colitis herbal remedies and how they can make yourself at home, which are very natural in nature and you can use the given ulcerative colitis herbal remedies for the home treatment to cure ulcerative colitis.
In fact ulcerative colitis herbal remedies are made with the help of different kinds of herbs and some ingredients (available in your kitchen cupboard).
While using any ulcerative colitis herbal remedy, make sure that the used herbs or ingredients are suitable for you. If you are not sure what ulcerative colitis herbal remedy to use, then please consult some expert, so that they may suggest the suitable ulcerative colitis herbal remedies for ulcerative colitis cure.
Ulcerative Colitis Herbal Remedies
- Probiotics are greatly used as “friendly” bacteria that reside in the gut, have been found to be effective in managing ulcerative colitis. They help control the number of potentially harmful bacteria, reduce inflammation, and improve the protective mucus lining of the gut. A very beneficial home remedy in ulcerative colitis.
- Diet or food materials that are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, found in fish oil capsules, may reduce inflammation in people with ulcerative colitis.
- Fish oil is also found to be very useful for reduction of inflammation in ulcerative colitis. A very beneficial home remedy in ulcerative colitis.
- As Aloe Vera gel has been found to have an anti-inflammatory effect. Therefore it can be consumed regularly for maximum benefits. A very beneficial home remedy in ulcerative colitis.
- Also citrus fruits that are a very rich source of Vitamin C is also known to reduce down the inflammation and thus helping out in ulcerative colitis.
- It is also know that the dietary regular intake of Folic acid is also very beneficial in the reduction of occurrence of ulcerative colitis.
- Various asanas are also practiced so as to reduce down the stressful levels.
- Also perform the Diaphragmatic breathing.
- For a condition as ulcerative colitis Ayurveda suggests a Basti (enema) using (instead of plain water) a tea made from an astringent herb such as Bilva, Ashoka, Sandalwood, or licorice root. A very beneficial home remedy in ulcerative colitis.
- This enema can be prepared as follows boil around 1 tablespoon of the herb (such as licorice powder) in 1 pint of water for 5 minutes. Strain, and add about 2 tablespoons of ghee while the tea is still warm. Let the liquid cool to room temperature, and use it for an enema. Retain the liquid inside for 5 minutes if you can. Do this procedure once or twice a week. A very beneficial home remedy in ulcerative colitis.
- A simple and yet very beneficial remedy for colitis is to eat cooked apples with a pinch of nutmeg. Peel a couple of apples, remove the seeds, and cook. Make them into a pulp and add 1 teaspoon ghee and a pinch of nutmeg. This will help to pacify the irritation of colitis and ulcerative colitis. A very beneficial home remedy in ulcerative colitis.
- Apple juice will also help relieve the burning sensation.
- Tender coconut water, buttermilk is soothing, and cooked apples are healing in the ulcerative colitis condition.
- Drink 2 glasses of water first thing in the morning; have a bowel movement at the same time each day but avoid straining.
- Foods cooked in aluminum utensils; sugar, strong tea and coffee, white flour products, alcoholic beverages and highly salted foods should be avoided.
- Ripened bananas are also easily digested having slight laxative property and promote the healing and also relieve the acute symptoms. A very beneficial home remedy in ulcerative colitis.
We update our herbal remedies for health daily. Please visit regularly to find a more herbal remedies tips for Ulcerative Colitis. Feel free to contribute your own herbal remedy so that others may benefit from your experiences!