Obesity Causes, Symptoms, Prevention Tips, Home Remedies
Obesity information for Obesity Causes, Obesity Symptoms and natural treatment to cure obesity with Obesity Home Remedies. Find out more Tips to prevent Obesity, obesity faqs and Obesity Articles only on Home-Remedies.in.
This is the right place for complete information on Obesity, which you can cure with the help of traditional home treatments by using natural home remedies.
- Genetics – Some people are genetically more likely to gain weight than others. Obesity and weight-gain tend to run in families and while this is largely due to the poor family eating habits, it also points to a specific genetic link.
- Metabolism - Some people have faster metabolic rates than others do. Poor dietary habits, little exercise and crash diets all slow down the metabolism and make weight loss difficult.
- Crash diets - When we diet or drastically reduce our intake of food, our bodies "think" that we are starving because there is a famine or lack of food available. The body then goes into crisis mode and slows down metabolism in order to conserve or make the most of the little food it is getting. The longer the 'famine' lasts, the slower your metabolism will become. Sooner or later (because we are depriving our bodies of essential nutrients) we will be forced to 'binge' or break our diet. When this happens, the body 'hangs on' to every bit of fat, carbohydrate or 'storable' food taken in, because the metabolism is still slow and the body will want to lay in 'provisions' for any future famine by storing food 'just in case'. The more we crash diet, the more our bodies become convinced that our food supplies are unreliable and the more they will therefore tend to store fat. When this happens, we will put on weight even while eating a normal, healthy diet.
- Psychological – Comfort eating is common problem that causes weight-gain. This can sometimes be due to boredom and inactivity, but is often linked to depression and low self esteem. Because food is often used as a reward or connected with a pleasurable experience, it becomes associated with good feelings and before long, food becomes akin to an emotional addiction.
- Socio-cultural factors – Modern living often means a diet of fast foods and quick energy needs. This can lead to weight-gain and many people find they soon become overweight due to inactivity and years of eating the incorrect foods.
- Sedentary lifestyles – Lack of physical exercise is one of the leading causes of weight gain. With the introduction of computers, television, TV games and other technological advances that make life “easier”, we find that there is little necessity or even opportunity for physical exercise.
- Medical conditions – There are some medical conditions that can cause weight gain and obesity, for example: Hypothyroidism; abnormalities or injury to the hypothalamus region in the brain; Cushing's disease and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), a common hormonal disorder in women.
- Side-effects of certain medication – Some prescription medications can cause you to gain weight. Examples include: corticosteroids; certain female hormone treatments including some oral contraceptives; some antidepressants, and other psychoactive drugs, including certain antipsychotics, lithium, and antiseizure agents. Weight gain due to medication is usually temporary and generally does not lead to obesity proportions.
- Pregnancy – While weight gain during pregnancy is expected and essential for a healthy baby, many women struggle to lose weight after childbirth, commonly referred to as “pregnancy weight”.
Tips for Obesity
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and try beginning each meal with a glass of water. This ensures that you are getting enough fluids through out the day, and it tends to take the edge off of an active appetite.
- Cut down on the sugar! We often consume much more sugar than we are aware of on a daily basis. Try cutting out the sugar in your tea and coffee and find an aspartame-free alternative if you need to satisfy that sweet tooth.
- Watch what you cook and how you cook it. Choose baking and steaming over roasting and frying and always look for the lower fat food products. You can cook or flavor with lemon juice, herbs, garlic or ginger to your heart's content. You can also use Oriental spices like turmeric, chili, masala, etc - but no MSG! Moderate amounts of salt are OK, but don't overdo it!
- Try to have your main meal at midday, so that you have a chance to digest it. You should try avoiding food for at least 4 hours before bedtime, as once you are in bed, you have no opportunity to burn off those calories.
- Eat according to an eating plan. By planning healthy meals in advance, you will be less likely to eat unhealthily on the spur of the moment.
- It is a good idea to keep a daily record of your meals - it helps you to commit yourself and to be able to identify where things go wrong.
- If you are tempted to deviate from your eating plan, get up and DO something! Go for a walk, visit a friend, write an email, put on some music and dance - anything! But, most importantly, get away from the food that is tempting you!
- Avoid calorie-counting, food weighing and obsessive weight watching! These things tend to stress you out and tend to trigger emotional eating spurges.
- Try your best not to 'cheat' or 'lapse', but if you do - don't despair! Don't give up in misery and guilt. Accept that you are human; give yourself a 'pep talk' and start afresh!
- Identify free foods which can be eaten as much as you like, such as apple, raw carrot, celery sticks, raw mushrooms, and cucumber.
- Reward yourself with something other than food when you make progress with your goal weight.
- Become active and take up a physical activity that you enjoy! Learn to love exercise and see it as something you get to do for yourself, and not as a must-do chore. Even 30min a day will help to increase your metabolism.
- Remember to love your body, and what ‘god gave you’. No one is perfect, but if you address your weight from a health point of view, success can be that much easier to achieve! Eat to live, don’t live to eat.
Obesity Home Remedies
- Avoid fried items, sweets, chocolates, ice creams, ghee and oil. Eat healthy foods like fruits, vegetables and sprouts are very helpful to reduce your weight.
- Doing physical exercises daily, long walk in the morning and evening and yoga asana will reduce extra fat in your body.
- Take a glass of hot water and add a spoon of Lemon juice with a spoon of Honey. Drink this water in the morning for treating the Obesity.
- Bitter gourd juice (Karela) taken in the morning regularly helps to reducing excess fat.
- Eat of raw Tomatoes and Onions with a pinch of Salt daily. It will remove the extra fat as well as reduce the obesity.
- Eat 10 raw Sweet neem (Curry patta) leaves every day to reduce the Obesity.
- Eat Radish (Mooli) regularly helps to decrease the Obesity.
- Eat Garlic with spoon of Honey everyday in the empty stomach helps to reduces fat and Obesity.
- Massage your body with oil at least once in a week also helps to decrease the Obesity.
- Eating only some varieties of fruit one day in a week also helps to decrease Obesity.
- Drinking Ash gourd (petha) juice daily helps to decrease the fat content in your body.
- Eating Triphala powder (Triphala is composed of Hard (Haritaki), India gooseberries (Amla) and Behada (Bibhitaki)) every night before going to sleep and it is good for Obesity people. You can do Steam bath once in a week for reducing the weight.
- Drinking a spoon of Cow urine every day morning helps to decrease the Obesity.
- Add Drumstick (Muranka Bhaji) or Drumstick leaves in your regular meals helps to treats the fat and Obesity.
- Banana grinded in Milk and taking this for 80 days will definitely decrease the weight.
- Eating Cucumber (Kheera) daily helps to decrease the weight.
- Drink Buttermilk (Chaach) everyday also very good for overweight people.
- Eating raw Cabbage (patta gobi) everyday for reducing the Weight.
- In a Spinach (palak) juice add some Lemon juice and drink regularly helps to reduce weight.
Most frequently asked questions regarding Obesity by online visitors are given for your quick reference purpose.
Most common obesity questions and answers - All questions are answered by health experts.
Articles on Obesity
Here are some useful researched Obesity articles, which can give you some more beneficial information on Obesity.
We update our home remedies for health daily. Please visit regularly to find a more home remedies tips for Obesity. Feel free to contribute your own home remedy so that others may benefit from your experiences!