Allergies information for Allergies Causes, Allergies Symptoms and natural treatment to cure allergies with Allergies Home Remedies. Find out more Tips to prevent Allergies, allergies faqs and Allergies Articles only on Home-Remedies.in.
This is the right place for complete information on Allergies, which you can cure with the help of natural treatment by using natural home remedies.
Allergies occur when a person’s immune system mistakenly attacks the allergen as an invader and produces immunoglobulin E (IgE) antibodies to combat these substances. These antibodies then cause certain cells in the body to release chemicals such as histamine into the bloodstream.
These chemicals affect your eyes, nose, throat, lungs, skin or gastrointestinal tract and produces allergy symptoms such as sneezing, itchy eyes and a runny nose. Every time that you are exposed to that same allergen, an allergic reaction will be triggered.
The most common symptoms and signs associated with allergies include:
- Runny nose
- Watery, tearing eyes
- Itchy eyes, ears, lips, throat and palate
- Sinus pain
- Shortness of breath
- Increase in secretions
Tips related to seasonal allergies
- Try to limit time outdoors when it is very windy (as pollen is flying in the air). Rather venture out after the rain
- Avoid touching or rubbing your eye with your fingers (try using cucumber slices to lessen itchiness)
- Flush your eyes out with clean cold water when they start to feel bothered and sore
- If you venture out during spring and fall, wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun and wind
- Use artificial tear eye drops if you suffer from inadequate tears
- Avoid irritants such as cigarette smoke, chemical fumes, or environmental toxins
- Increase your intake of Vitamin A and B supplements
- Keep windows closed and, if possible, use air conditioning when necessary
- Don’t hang clothing outdoors to dry (they may collect Pollen)
- Keep your car windows closed during allergy season
- Delegate lawn mowing, weed pulling and other gardening chores that stir up allergens
- Avoid outdoor activity in the early morning when pollen counts are highest
- Run the air conditioning in your house and car
- Encase mattresses, box springs and pillows in allergy-proof covers
- Wash sheets and blankets in water heated to at least 130 F (54 C)
- Vacuum carpets weekly
- Replace carpeting with laminate flooring or another hard material that won’t collect dust mites and other allergens, especially in your bedroom
Allergies Home Remedies
- Chandan (Sandalwood): 1 tbsp mixture of lime juice in sandalwood paste could be applied.
- Five drops of Castor oil in half a cup of any fruit or vegetable juice, or plain water, and taken on an empty stomach in the morning, is beneficial for allergies of the intestinal tract, skin, and nasal passages.
- Half a lime may be squeezed in a glass of lukewarm water and sweetened with a teaspoon of honey. It not only flushes the system of toxins but also acts as an anti-toxic and anti-allergic agent.
- One or two bananas a day are useful for those who are allergic to certain foods and who consequently suffer from skin rashes, digestive disorders, or asthma, The fruit does, however, cause allergic reactions in certain sensitive persons and they should avoid it.
- A quantity of 500 ml carrot juice or a combination of carrot juice with beet and cucumber juices, has been found beneficial in the treatment of allergies.
- Butter bur is another name for petasites, it is proved that butter bur is effective in treating allergy symptoms.
- Application of mashed almond leaves to the affected area is highly beneficial. This is one of the useful skin allergy cure.
- Make a paste from five grams of garden mint in water. Sieve the water now add 12 grams of sugar, drink this syrup twice a day for immediate relief. This is a good home remedy for skin allergy.
- Application of lemon juice mixed with coconut oil is also beneficial for skin allergy.
- Drink a glass of water with two tablespoons of cider vinegar. This is a good natural remedy for skin allergy.
- Make a paste from sandalwood and lime juice, apply on the affected area it will provide relief from itching.
- Grind 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds with 1-teaspoon water and add 1-teaspoon lime juice. Apply to affected area for relief from itching and redness.It is proven effective.
- Try to avoid the use of cosmetics.
- Every part of neem can bee used for any skin allergies. Mostly leaves of Neem are made into paste to treat skin disorders and allergies.