Skip to content
Anemia Causes, Symptoms, Prevention Tips, Home Remedies
Most commonly, people with anemia report non-specific symptoms of a feeling of weakness, or fatigue, general malaise and sometimes poor concentration. They may also report dyspnea (shortness of breath) on exertion. In very severe anemia, the body may compensate for the lack of oxygen-carrying capability of the blood by increasing cardiac output. The patient may have symptoms related to this, such as palpitations, angina (if preexisting heart disease is present), intermittent claudication of the legs, and symptoms of heart failure.
Here is the Anemia information for Anemia Causes, Anemia Symptoms and natural treatment to cure anemia with Anemia Home Remedies. Find out more Tips to prevent Anemia, Anemia FAQs and Anemia Articles only on Home-Remedies.in.
- Anemia occurs as a result of too much blood loss from the body, decreased red blood cell production or when the body has problems producing red blood cells. This can also occur when red blood cells are broken down or are destroyed faster than the body can replace them with new ones.
- There are also different types of anemia: iron deficiency anemia, vitamin deficiency anemia, and anemia of chronic disease, as well as aplastic anemia, anemia associated with bone marrow disease, hemplytic anemia and sickle cell anemia.
Symptoms of anemia may include the following:
- shortness of breath
- light headedness
- looking pale
Symptoms of severe anemia may include:
- chest pain, angina, or heart attack
- fainting or passing out
- rapid heart rate
Tips to prevent anemia
There are certain things that you can do to prevent an iron deficiency and these include:
- Eat foods that are rich in iron such as lean red meat, fish, oysters, cereals, bread, pasta, dried fruits, nuts, seeds, lentils, beans and dark green vegetables such as spinach
- Avoid drinking caffeinated beverages such as coffee or tea as they make it harder for the body to absorb iron
- Incorporate fruits and vegetables that contain vitamin C such as orange juice into your diet
- Get enough sleep and rest as possible to combat fatigue
- Increase your intake of iron supplements such as folic acid and vitamin B12 if you are pregnant, have a heavy menstrual cycle, or if you are a vegetarian or vegan
Anemia Home Remedies
- Eat lot of green vegetables especially leafy vegetabiles like Spinach (palak) Fenugreek (Menthi) Carrot Amaranth )Red Cholayi) and Beetroot which are rich in folic acid.Go for citrus fruits like Orange,Sweet lime (Mosambi) which are rich in vitamin C.
- Honey is a excellent medicine to cure Anemia.Eating a spoon of Honey or taking Honey with milk twice a day will increase hemoglobin level as well as purify the blood.
- Dates (Khajur) or Dry Dates (chuara) are very helpful in increasing blood level and curing Anemia.
- Eating Almonds (Badam) everyday also helps to increase bloods and curing Anemia.
- As jaggery (Gur) is a good source of iron consume it more instead of sugar which definitely cures Anemia.
- Eating a Gooseberry (Amla)everyday also helps in improving in blood and curing Anemia as it is a good source of vitamin C> Also taking 3 spoons of Gooseberry juice with 3 spoons of pure Ghee for 21 days will definitely cures Anemia.
- Taking Beet root juice or raw Beet root is a excellent medicine for curing Anemia.
- Spinach ( palak) juice to Tomato juice taken everyday also helps in improving blood level and curing Anemia.
- Drinking Lemon water with Honey everyday also helps in improving blood level and curing Anemia.
- Eating a raw Onion or drinking raw onion juice everyday helps to cure Anemia.
- Taking 5 milliliter of Ginger juice with old Jaggery (Gur) everyday morning helps to cure Anemia.
- Pure cows Buttermilk mixed with sugar Candy (mishri) taken 3-4 times a day helps to cure Anemia problem.
- 250 milliliters of cow milk mixed with 10 gram of pure Ghee, 1 gram of Sugar, 5 gram of Honey, a pinch of Longer pepper (Pipple) and a pinch of Black pepper (Kali mirchi) taken everday for 2-3 weeks will definitely cure Anemia.
- Amirita (Gloy or Tinospora) stem chopped taken 20 gram, Black pepper 10 gram, Garlic 5 gram grinded together and taken around 3 gram with milk everyday morning cures
- Drinking Buttermilk (Chaach) made form goats milk for some days also helps to cure Anemia.
- Drinking Apple juice everyday for eating a Apple (which is a natural source of iron) everday helps in curing Anemia.
- Drinking Falsa (Grewiab subinaequalis) juice or eating falsa fruit is also a good remedy for curing Anemia.
- Soya been ,Ragi are also said to be very good for Anemia patients if taken in any form.